What are Division 10 Specialties?
When you are planning a construction project, whether you are remodeling an office building or having something built from scratch, you may find the term “Division 10 Specialties” in the offerings from contractors. If you come across that term, you might be wondering what Division 10 Specialties are. In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about Division 10 Specialties!
What are Division 10 Specialties?
Division 10 Specialties covers the specialty materials and products for construction projects. These products do not fall under standard divisions like drywall, plaster, or painting. The materials are crucial to adding the finishing touches to a project, and they contain many different materials, including:
- Restroom Partitions: The cubicles in public restrooms.
- Restroom Accessories: These include sinks, toilets, toilet paper dispensers, soap dispensers, trash bins, sanitary product vendors, shower doors, grab bars, and hand dryers.
- Visual Displays: Includes whiteboards, bulletin boards, and tack boards.
- Lockers: These are for gyms, hospitals, schools, and more.
- Wall and Corner Protection: Includes impact-resistant wall coverings, corner guards, and handrails.
- Window Shades and Blinds: Includes interior and exterior blinds, both manual and motorized.
- Fire Protection: Includes fire extinguishers, fireproof cabinets and blankets, Knox Boxes, and other fire protection accessories.
- Temporary Walls: Temporary walls can help mark off construction zones in one part of a building while the rest is still operated.
- ADA Signage: ADA signs are now required by code in buildings.
This might seem like a random assortment of products, but everything covered in Division 10 Specialties is completely essential to completing a construction project. It is essentially the miscellaneous equipment that does not fall into any other category.
Why are these products in their own division?
It is important to have standardization in the construction industry to simplify projects. By putting all of these products into a single category — Division 10 —helps to keep everything consistent for the teams working on various projects and reduces confusion when teams plan and communicate about projects. Since everything is in Division 10 on its own, it can help make it easier for contractors, engineers, and architects to plan projects, improve communication, and help reduce errors.
Why are Division 10 products so important?
The specialty products included in Division 10 are crucial to finishing off a building, both inside and out, after the main construction is done.
Your commercial building is going to need a restroom, and having a restroom that looks good can actually impact your business more than you realize. In fact, a study in 2019 showed that 52 percent of consumers will spend more money on a business that has a clean and well-maintained restroom. The same study found that 64 percent of consumers will choose to go to a business based on how well-maintained the restroom is. By having a clean, well-maintained restroom that is designed with high-quality restroom accessories, you can potentially improve your business overall.
Division 10 specialties also include ADA accommodations and signs, which a business needs to have. So, these are crucial things that your business must include, making them a vital part of Division 10.
Another important product type in Division 10 is fire protection equipment. These are a vital part of keeping everyone in your commercial building safe. Magnum’s Division 10 Specialties include furnishing a building with fire extinguishers, fireproof cabinets and blankets, Knox Boxes, and other fire protection accessories.
Let’s Furnish Your Building Together
Whether you just want to redesign the restroom in your commercial building or need more construction, plus Division 10 Specialties for the finishing touch, Magnum Drywall has you covered. Contact Magnum Drywall today, and we can start planning your building!